Join us for some Pickleball FUN!
- Mondays at 6pm in the Citizen Park Gym
- Wednesdays at 6 p.m. on the Jonathan Broxton Park Outdoor Pickleball Courts for Pickleball
- Saturdays at 9 a.m. on the Jonathan Broxton Park Outdoor Pickleball Courts for Pickleball
Please call Jimmy Lovett at 706-554-5210 or email Coach Joe Blankenbaker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Come play any day at Jonathan Broxton Park on our 6 Outdoor Pickleball Courts!
Located behind the Jonathan Broxton Park Main Office (465 Burke Veterans Parkway).
What is Pickleball? It’s a paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
Here are the Basics:
- A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong.
- Played both indoors /outdoors on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net.
- Played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes.
- Played as doubles or singles.
Here’s a video that explains the history of Pickleball.
The Burke County Recreation Department would like to invite you to join us on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. to play Pickleball! Coach Joe Blankenbaker brought back the idea from his hometown of Portland, Indiana, where at their community center, he saw that there were 7 courts of pickleball in use and a few people waiting for an open court.
Coach Blankenbaker says that Pickleball is now played at several sites in Augusta.
Contact Joe Blankenbaker directly at (912) 682-1089 or email him at email@example.com with your questions.